[Announcement] Site Back Online!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by RufusT, Mar 18, 2013.

1. RufusT

RufusT Member Staff Member

Site's back online after something like 5 days! I'll follow up later with a post about what happened

2. RufusT

Noticing that posting comments is a bit sluggish/lagged, presumably due to email. I'll look at that tonight

3. Fetching

Fetching Member

Hooray, something to look at while I pretend to work :D

4. RufusT

Ok, so I'm sure you're wondering wtf happened last Wednesday, so I will tell you.

10:00am CDT - I'm sitting at work, going about my business, rolling in dollar bills y'all, I'm physically walking to a meeting that I'm a minute late to
    10:01am CDT - my phone starts blowing up of alerts that shiz is down at the datacenter. Shouldn't be of worry (at least as HaftaCraft is concerned), the servers are on dual PDU feeds
    10:37am CDT - Get out of my meeting, traipse through logs to find that even my redundant hardware (redundant network, power) was offline
    11:02am CDT - Confirm with the datacenter technicians there was a power outage of primary and redundant power
    12:56pm CDT - Primary services (that don't continue to cost me money) are restored
    XX:XXpm CDT - Some point, I restore HaftaCraft MineCraft server.I don't have an exact timeframe. Due to some configuration issues (and laziness on my part), we're fortunate that we don't suffer a larger issue. We'll just leave it at that.
    Rush forward to Monday at 4:05pm CDT ... HaftaCraft site is fully restored.

Fetching likes this.
  5. Fetching

Fetching Member

Good job getting the server and the site back up, glad to hear there wasn't much loss.