[Announcement] Restart?

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by RufusT, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Potjie

Potjie Member

I say Kory for president :D to do the day to day stuff

2. Potjie

Potjie Member

Just throwing an idee
    Maybe look at portals to different maps, Have a map for towny, factions, skyblock and so on (So one portal for old school have just to make that clear :D).
    The reason i say look at this option is to try and cater to all different type of players

3. timanater23

timanater23 Member

I would be down for kory, but id hate to push everything on him. I would be willing to help if need be, honestly not sure how much time i will have with school though.

And i think different maps would be a good idea for the long run. but right now i would expect a small pop. I think dividing that population throughout different maps would be a bad idea.

4. Potjie

Potjie Member

I did not think of it that way so i have to agree with you on that one

5. Mr.Ratmaz313

Mr.Ratmaz313 New Member

After setting up a few servers like HAftacraft (some when Haftacraft was up and some after the shut down) I know that running a server from a admin view SUCKS. You spend more time messing with plugins and fix'n peoples issues that it removes the fun from the game. You must have multi admin and mods to remove the pressure from each other. Make it like any other business out there..have a pecking order and allow the people below you to have the power to fix issues.

6. ApproveMe

ApproveMe Member

Well if Kory is willing let him deal with the back end etc and have Andi work to get a mod team together. She has tons of experience (Minecraft and Rust) and is consistently asked to moderate servers. As for who could moderate, trusting your old players to moderate until you can find active players to promote could work at least in the short term. Unfortunately a lot of the player base has quite a bit less time now that we have moved on to college and jobs. However it is definitely necessary to have a solid mod team who knows the rules.

7. timanater23

timanater23 Member

Sounds good if Kory and Andi are up to it. Although its going to suck for any admin or mod that raids because new players are going to call admin abuse. Which I think we all know Kory, Andi and pretty much the entirety of the old haftacraft playerbase are legit and wont abuse powers like that,i'm just saying be ready for the accusations. I think that's why Kory worked so well as an admin because he never engaged in PvP lol.

8. Potjie

Potjie Member

LoL dont get me wrong its good that we all are getting exited and happy about this but we are jumping the gun here, Lets get this baby up and running then we take it from there

9. ApproveMe

ApproveMe Member

There is no way Scott disappears Potjie! No way! So don't worry ;)!

10. Shadowfire6555

Shadowfire6555 Member Staff Member

Getting called for admin abuse is just how it goes for player admins. I plan to only be playing when I stream unless it's completely mining and even then I will be recording in case something exciting happens.

11. Shadowfire6555

Also, so as to take a little bit of weight off of Scott I will be taking applications for the moderation team. Once I get a few that I feel would be good for the job I will run it by Scott. You can either message me on here, on FB if you have me added, or email me at theshadwdancer@yahoo.com

12. timanater23

timanater23 Member

Daaaamn andi taking charge. So anyway speaking of scott he uhh still here?

13. Shadowfire6555

We have been talking in the admin forums and texting. He will be busy with work the next couple of days I believe.

14. timanater23

timanater23 Member

So any idea when we can expect the new map up?

15. Shadowfire6555

We are hoping for Saturday afternoon depending on when Scott gets done with work and when I get home from my plans

16. Potjie

Potjie Member

Aside from the map is the plugins ready?

I will do modding but only to help out at the start...... i don't like it when the kids complain all day

17. RufusT

RufusT Member Staff Member

If I were abandoning you guys I'd let you know :) Plus, I'm excited to start building shit on whichever map wins.

That said, plugins are up and running and my maintenance at work begins at midnight tonight, so I'll hopefully have the map flipped over in the early morning (I'm talking earrrrrly). I'll try to post regular updates through the whole process.

18. Lme999

Lme999 New Member

Can't wait for the new map. Is there any sort of form I should follow for the application if I apply?

Also, not sure what the status with all the plugins are, but just in case it's not supposed to be like this: Every time I place a sign, chest etc... it locks it automatically with LWC, unlimited locks.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  19. Shadowfire6555

Lme basically just whatever you think would help you get a position. Experience, what you bring to the table, ect.

20. IssueBubble

IssueBubble New Member