[Announcement] New Trajectory

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by RufusT, Nov 13, 2017.

1. RufusT

RufusT Member Staff Member

So I had a Minecraft dream last night, and I clearly dream of building and running a server/community again.

Obvs the last 7 months have not panned out anywhere near what I thought they would be, with regards to work, HaftaCraft, hell, even my personal life. That said, I think it's time to adjust our trajectory.

Here's what's going to happen between now and March (the supposed end of my project):
    • My new server will be at 2.haftacraft.com if anybody wants to join. Keep in mind the following points...
    • Building up a recent (whatever MC version that currently is) server
    • No new initiatives, features, games, etc.
    • This server will be to satisfy my need to HaftaCraft, not the community
    • There will be no/minimal moderation
    • I will add things that I want to enhance my (mostly solo) gameplay
    • The main server (1.haftacraft.com) will remain as-is, with any updates as I feel necessary
    • I will build structures slowly to support the server once it hits mainstream (again)
    Once March comes and goes, and assuming this project actually ends then, here's what I hope to happen:
    • Re-introduce any outstanding plugins that I've not implemented
    • Working on building up a community of players and admins (again, again, yes, again)
    • Optimize the server
    • Maybe build up the website
    All-in-all, the bottom line is that I crave playing the game, I just don't have time for a server right now.

I encourage you to subscribe to updates on this thread to keep up-to-date on what's going on. Or not, I'll play on my own!

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  2. RufusT

One of the good points of this is .. I will have the time to build a central city like I want, hopefully to cater to the needs of the community. One of the problems was the absence of an architect (I miss you, WhiskeyandCoke) so I must take on that role. Fortunately, I have 5 months for that, now.

3. RufusT

So I found out MC is at 1.12.2 right now, so I'll be upgrading the current server to that.

I also have a selection of 10 maps that I'm working through, and will be posting a poll to see what everybody else likes. I originally picked one map for the new HC server, but now that I look at it more, I sorta like another one, for reasons I won't mention.

I also believe our community is greatly reduced, given all the time that has passed, so it's probably going to be the decision of 2, maybe 5 people. Regardless, I have my opinion and favor, but I want some consensus, or at least some input, so am going to post overlays of those I think are worthy tonight.

For any of you watching, let me know, ok?

4. RufusT

Speaking of Architects ....

I desperately need an architect. I can do things but they're not pretty. If someone wants free reign to build a server, please let me know. I need somebody who can basically take a completely vanilla map and do stuff with it. Make it purty, make it functional.

For anyone interested, send me a message here, k?

5. hamburger_14

hamburger_14 New Member

Im always watching, what time are you usually on the server?

6. RufusT

During the week, I'm on during the day. Sundays and Mondays I'm on all throughout the day.

Reading up a little bit of what's going on with the upcoming 1.13 update, I'm at least going to wait until then to generate the map, because supposedly they're changing the block/map structure which I imagine could blow up and/or not be 1.12 compatible. Soooo, I'm just going to dick around on the server with design ideas in the meantime.

I'll post the map vote images soon. Been too lazy to do much on the website/forums.