Migration

Discussion in '2016 New 1.8/1.9 Server' started by RufusT, Feb 6, 2016.

1. RufusT

RufusT Member Staff Member

Discussions about the migration from the current server to the new 1.8/1.9 server

2. Lme999

Lme999 New Member

My opinion is it should be a full wipe, excluding mcMMO.

3. CaveCreeper

CaveCreeper Member

Just throw us into a new world with a clean reset.

4. kory_sylvan

kory_sylvan Administrator Staff Member

One idea I've been toying with for a while is to give some kind of reward to those who top the McMMO charts when we do our periodic resets, that way people who spend 12-hours a day everyday for months getting #1 in Mining, Herbalism, Acrobatics, et cetera won't feel like it was wasted when the stats flip over. If we decide to keep McMMO stats on the new server then it would be irrelevant, but if we decide to do a clean reset instead I think it might be an interesting thought.

5. CaveCreeper

CaveCreeper Member

Don't make this more complicated than it needs to be. Just either keep McMMo past the occasional restart every 2 years or reset it.

6. Potjie

Potjie Member

No need to give prizes for mcmmo coz i dont need prizes :D we all know i will take them all home :D

7. ShadowGaming

ShadowGaming Member

Wipe the world, let players keep their enderchest

8. RufusT

RufusT Member Staff Member

Total wipe. Let's forget everything from the past, things were convoluted, piecemealed and not congruent. A full restart will allow me and others to run the server more efficiently given the current rules (still defining), current plugins maps and everything else.

Potjie likes this.