[Announcement] Happy Birthday, Haftacraft! New Website!!!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by RufusT, Feb 26, 2013.

1. RufusT

RufusT Member Staff Member

Today marks the two-year anniversary of the haftacraft.com domain, which we use as a watermark for how how old we are. Technically, HaftaCraft existed about 4 weeks prior to February 26th, but I don't know the exact date, so we're going with February 26th.

Here's some facts about the website transition:

* The site should be awfully familiar to you, you've already been using it on the Minecraft Wiki website;
    * You need to re-register: All users accounts are not transportable. You need to re-register. No whining, no questions, it is what it is;
    * The forum node tree is exactly the same as it was on the old site;
    * I will be working on porting active/informative threads over from the old site to this site. That does mean that some of the old conversations will [eventually] be lost;
    * User registration is *MUCH MORE* streamlined!;
    * We will have a custom HaftaCraft design. I am working with a graphic designer to develop a custom, one-of-a-kind template design for our site. A unique thread will be opened in the forums for user input;
    * Lastly, the old website can be accessed at http://www.haftacraft.com:8080 until March 26th, 2013. After that, the site has absolutely no use to us and will be shut down permanently. Any requests for threads to be copied over must be submitted before that time. Posting on the old site has been disabled!

This is an exciting day for us! Two years in the making, we've had a lot of ups-and-downs through the times. We're hoping that a small investment in the website will attract more activity to it.

There are a lot of new features/toys in the works, we just can't wait to launch them!

2. Potjie

Potjie Member

Happy Happy..... But what i want to know is how long have i been here it felt like 2 years before i became a mod and after that..... with these kids like 5........ but anycase Happy Happy Haftacraft

3. Fetching

Fetching Member

Happy Birthday Haftacraft, four more years!

4. kory_sylvan

kory_sylvan Administrator Staff Member

Potjie: I know you joined sometime before we updated to 1.2, so you've been around for almost a year I believe, and you've been a moderator for a few months now.

Also, Happy Birthday HaftaCraft! :) It's hard to believe that I've been here for almost 2 years now...

5. SykeSilverhaze

SykeSilverhaze New Member

Lancetman2 and I are some of the "most recent" players but we have already been on the server 5 motnhs exactly today, how the time flies. Thank you Haftacraft for giving us such amazing times and hopefully many more to come :D

6. RufusT

RufusT Member Staff Member

Lance, Syke and recent players alike ... we always enjoy new people and love even more people that stay. We're always looking for ways to improve the server, the website, and generally, the entire HaftaCraft experience. We're always open to feedback, always changing the dynamics of the environment and trying to make sure everything is as exciting to our players as it is to us.