[Announcement] 1.5 Is Just Around The Corner

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by RufusT, Mar 7, 2013.

1. RufusT

RufusT Member Staff Member

UPDATE: We finally made it! Joel and Kory were able to successfully update the server and all its plugins late last night after some pretty extensive testing beforehand. Having gone through many Minecraft server updates myself, I know the effort that's required of it and greatly appreciate them both for tackling it! Good job fellas.

Screenshot-14.png

That's right peoples. 1.5 is just around the corner! Friggin feels like we've been waiting/promised 1.5 since November, but it looks like March 13th is the magical date.

Now, onto what you're probably wondering:

* There have been no development Bukkit releases for 1.5 yet, so we don't have anything to test against;
    * There will be a delay between the time 1.5 is launched and the time 1.haftacraft.com is 1.5-ready;
    * Unicorns do mate in the spring, but only on Wednesdays (Hump Day) in meadows of black orchids;
    * We will begin plugin testing/validation as soon as a Bukkit development release is made available;
    * We will not be generating a new 1.5 map, rather, will be using one of the existing ones. Exact details of the map shuffle still need to be handled by Joel, Kory and myself;
    * Yes, when a tree falls in the forest and nobody is around to hear it, it still makes a sound

2. Potjie

Potjie Member

Some one is really being a joker today i can only imagine getting drunk with you would be a blast

3. RufusT

I was feeling quite humorous at the time, but was definitely not drunk. Drinking, yes, drunk, no.

4. Whiskey

Whiskey Administrator Staff Member

I've been drunk with Scott before. I wouldn't exactly say it's a blast, more so a confused stupor where nobody understands why the circle has a radius of 60, or why it is so profoundly important except for Scott. I will however admit, it is entertaining and does give me lots of ammo to use against him.

~Stay smooth Scotty boy

5. Potjie

Potjie Member

No wonder you got the job

don't worry Scott we wont judge you monkey :D

6. Fetching

Fetching Member

I personally won't take any new patches into consideration until I see:
    -implemented dragons
    -implemented /dance command.
    -Haftacraft server relocated to Australia.

That is all.

7. Potjie

Potjie Member

Friday...

We will look at your request and take it into consideration as we are currently really busy this might take a while (20 years) so please be patient

8. sabrien

sabrien New Member

Took long enough. I like the changes so far, keep it up guys.

9. RufusT

... sybian ...

10. Fetching

Fetching Member

Good to see the site back up!

11. RufusT

So, a quick update, as of Monday, less than 20% of our plugins (and we have many) on the server have been updated for 1.5. I'm going to run through the list again tonight to see what has since updated, and hope we're closer to at least 40-50%.

12. RufusT

As of today, 10% more plugins have been added to the 1.5-ready list. We're getting there .. somewhat faster than previous major releases, but not as fast as I'd like.

13. RufusT

We've tested a great majority of the plugins, they all seem to play harmoniously with each other with some tweaks. We're testing and patching the main server right now